The Immortal Awards has announced seven projects that have received Finalist status in the first-ever MEA competition, sending them through to the final, global round of judging in November.
The seven projects that the jury selected as Finalists will now compete against the Finalists from the remaining four regions for Immortal and Commendation status, including the seven projects that the Latam jury and the seven projects that the North American jury awarded Finalist status to.
The Immortal Awards 2020 MEA Finalists
- Brand - Project (Entrant Company, Country)
- Almosafer - As Far As We Go (FP7 McCann Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
- Alzheimer's Association Lebanon - The Zikrayat Playlist (Cheil UAE, UAE)
- An Nahar Newspaper - The New National Anthem Edition (Impact BBDO, UAE)
- Donner Sang Compter - Blood Unity (FP7 McCann Dubai, UAE)
- Mastercard - Astronomical Sales (FP7 McCann Dubai, UAE)
- Shelflife - Nike x Stussy (Massif Media, South Africa)
- Snickers - Hunger Insurance (Impact BBDO, UAE)
A hand-picked global jury, composed of jurors from each regional jury, will be deciding which projects may be awarded Immortal or Commendation status in the final round of judging.
Awards director Paul Monan comments:
The shortlist was packed full of incredible work and it was a tough task to get the 30 projects down to those which will be competing on a global stage. This jury, much like the two American juries before them, approached the sessions with such rigour and diligence, and we’re delighted to see the seven projects they’ve selected go through to the final round of judging in November.
Entries to this year’s Immortal Awards were up 50% globally, with entries received from 52 countries.
Those on the first-ever MEA jury are Tahaab Rais, regional head of strategy at FP7 McCann, Ali Rez, regional executive creative director of Impact BBDO, Prerna Mehra, head of design and creative director of MullenLowe MENA, Tsesliso Rangaka, executive creative director of FCB Joburg, Makosha Maja-Rasethaba, partner and head of strategy at M&C Saatchi Abel Johannesburg, and Ramzi Ibrahim, creative director of Cheil Worldwide Dubai.
The global round of judging will take place on Friday, 20 November, with the winners being announced the week commencing the 30 November.