Marketing & Media trends
- The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has seen three major trends emerge as drivers of investment in Africa's commercial property space. Though this sector has certainly taken a big knock, and commercial office space is still slow to recover, we are seeing positive activity in light industrial property, data centres, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, and even in hospitality, throughout Africa. Peter Hodgkinson
- The final five qualifying businesses for the next round of the Ayo Scaling Africa Series have been selected. The series looks to assist tech entrepreneurs in taking their Series A businesses to the next level.
- United States President Joe Biden on 22 and 23 April this year hosted the Leaders Summit on Climate. According to the White House, the summit aimed to "galvanise efforts by the major economies to tackle the climate crisis". Leaders of 40 countries, including five from Africa, participated in the virtual event. Tanguy Gahouma-Bekale
Construction & Engineering trends
- Peter Hodgkinson
- Barry Bredenkamp
- Cyril Vuyani Gamede
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
In recent years, Africa has recorded the fastest growth globally in the number of hungry people and will have the highest total number of hungry people in the next decade if we cannot reverse current trends...
Patrice Talla 6 Jan 2021
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
A number of macro trends are delivering unhindered economic progress on the African continent, driving momentum and positioning Africa as a significant component of the world market...
Geoffrey White 14 Jan 2020
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Since 2001, Bizcommunity anticipated the role of company culture as intellectual capital. Biz Press Offices are a "glass box" game changer, offering a window into 18 industry communities...
Bizcommunity.com 23 Jul 2019
The fresh produce industry's characteristics can easily be defined by those of its products - quick turnaround and short shelve life. It is definitely not an easy game...
Lindie Stroebel 21 Jan 2019
Throughout 2018, the conversation on land reform became a national talking point, even making it to Google's most popular word of the year...
Peter Setou 7 Jan 2019
A recent development has been implemented as a value chain solution stretching across five consecutive roles in the cotton and cotton products value chain, aiming to still link up the remaining three to four roles to complete the journey from cotton farmers to consumers of cotton-based garments and fashion...
Dr Hennie Ras 7 Jan 2019
Food security and environmental sustainability are on a collision course and now, more than ever, we need to see a drastic change in the type of meat and dairy consumed by the majority of the world's population...
Kevin Coetzee and Michelle Adelman 7 Jan 2019
Innova Market Insights from Arnhem in the Netherlands, said targeting increasingly adventurous consumers set on new discoveries and experiences, will be key to developments in the food and beverage industry in 2019...
'Tis the season to eat chocolate. And for the chocolate industry, there's nothing sweeter, since this is the time of year when it enjoys a spike in sales and, at least for some, rising profits...
Kristy Leissle 21 Dec 2018