Mobile Entertainment Africa (MEA) 2012 returns to Cape Town, South Africa from 29-30 August 2012, giving attendees the opportunity to gain and exchange knowledge and expertise regarding maximising the entertainment opportunity on handheld devices in Africa.
Building on its inaugural event, MEA2012 will utilise the acclaimed Interactive Roundtable Seating Format, which creates levels of interaction, discussions and enhances attendees' on the days experience and conference outputs. The event will take place at the One&Only Resort Hotel in Cape Town.
Mobile Entertainment Africa has firmly established as Africa's leading event focussing on the mobile entertainment ecosystem and the 2012 edition is on track to exceed the achievements of last year's event.
What's on the agenda?
Key contributors include:
- Peter Matthaei, MXit
- Hugo Obi, Maliyo Games
- Emma Kaye, Bozza
- Mike Sharman, Retroviral
- Lynne Gordon, Brandtone
- Ryan Van Jaarsveld , 7Dffrnt Knds of Smke
- Michelle Atagana, Memeburn
- Tina Fisher, Therefour
- Russell Southwood, Balancing Act
- Marie Lora-Mungai, Buni Media
- Eric Edelstein, evly.com
- The agenda is split into 8 mini sessions, each with their own topic. This enables the conference to be wide ranging and gives you a full overview of the sector.
- The presentations are short - around the 15 to 25 minutes each
- The last session of the conference is 'Open Mic', this allows conference attendees to take to the podium and talk about whatever they want
- Over two days there are seven hours dedicated to interaction and discussion. After each batch of presentations there is a roundtable discussion period, followed by a traditional panel discussion.
- Casual networking and relationship building will be a crucial element of the conference. Every day starts with Breakfast Canapés and throughout the event there will be plenty of opportunities to network.
Samsung is the Platinum Sponsor and has joined InMobi, Prezence, the Mobile Marketing Association, Memeburn and Silicon Cape as official partners.
For more, go to www.entertainment-africa.com/wp