Marketing & Media trends
- The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has seen three major trends emerge as drivers of investment in Africa's commercial property space. Though this sector has certainly taken a big knock, and commercial office space is still slow to recover, we are seeing positive activity in light industrial property, data centres, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, and even in hospitality, throughout Africa. Peter Hodgkinson
- The final five qualifying businesses for the next round of the Ayo Scaling Africa Series have been selected. The series looks to assist tech entrepreneurs in taking their Series A businesses to the next level.
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Construction & Engineering trends
- Peter Hodgkinson
- Barry Bredenkamp
- Cyril Vuyani Gamede
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
Sub-Saharan Africa is home to 14% of the world's population and by 2030, the region's population will surpass that of China. The way consumers shop in the region is ever-changing...
Accenture Africa's MD shares the new consumer types that have surfaced as a result of the pandemic, and how they differ according to changes in way of life, fears and concerns, hopes and desires...
John Watling 21 Jun 2021
Kantar's Norman Reyneker says that as companies define their future-fit commercial strategies, they must challenge assumptions related to the evolving digital retail landscape...
Despite the dissemination of vaccines in the months ahead, a larger portion of consumer spending will be impacted by recessionary conditions...
Ailsa Wingfield 11 Jan 2021
The pandemic calls for a paradigm shift in how the packaging industry meets consumer's safety concerns while addressing the threat of climate change...
Nthabiseng Motsoeneng 7 Jan 2021
Retailers' interest in innovative technologies, solutions and new operating models continues to grow...
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
Food giants muscle in on booming alternative protein market, with dedicated teams to develop and sell plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy...
The Covid-19 crisis has hit the luxury and fashion industry hard. According to a study conducted by the Boston Consulting Group, sales in these two sectors could drop by 25% to 30%...
Isabelle Chaboud 20 May 2020
E-commerce is the fastest-growing channel for global packaged food sales, recording a 21% growth in 2014-2019, according to Euromonitor International...
The rapid change in the trading environment has left an industry reeling with uncertainty, says Mozambik group CEO Manny Nichas...
A country's payments system is probably not the first thing we think of when we think about the challenge of economic development. But payments are key to the bottom-up economic growth urgently needed...
Murray Gardiner 17 Jan 2020
Market research provider Euromonitor International has released its 'Top 10 Global Consumer Trends 2020' report. The annual report identifies the most impactful trends driving consumer behavior, values and habits in the year ahead...