Marketing & Media trends
- The second edition in the Dentsu wisdom series titled Consumer packaged goods like never before has officially launched. The content in the latest report includes analysis from 19 experts, including clients and an array of Dentsu specialists from across multiple disciplines who share their wisdom. Dentsu
- African countries continue to trade more with the outside world than among themselves, according to findings of the UN Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) assessment report on progress made on regional integration in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
- Barry Bredenkamp
- Cyril Vuyani Gamede
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
- Xanthe Adams
- Ralf Hennecke
- Frederick Cawood
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
- Reynhardt Uys
- Lee Callakoppen
- Nerine Brink
- Moshe Lichtenstein
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
- Kristen Duff and Gosia Young
- Rucera Seethal
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
Sub-Saharan Africa is home to 14% of the world's population and by 2030, the region's population will surpass that of China. The way consumers shop in the region is ever-changing...
Kantar's Norman Reyneker says that as companies define their future-fit commercial strategies, they must challenge assumptions related to the evolving digital retail landscape...
Despite the dissemination of vaccines in the months ahead, a larger portion of consumer spending will be impacted by recessionary conditions...
Ailsa Wingfield 11 Jan 2021
The pandemic calls for a paradigm shift in how the packaging industry meets consumer's safety concerns while addressing the threat of climate change...
Nthabiseng Motsoeneng 7 Jan 2021
Retailers' interest in innovative technologies, solutions and new operating models continues to grow...
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
Food giants muscle in on booming alternative protein market, with dedicated teams to develop and sell plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy...
The Covid-19 crisis has hit the luxury and fashion industry hard. According to a study conducted by the Boston Consulting Group, sales in these two sectors could drop by 25% to 30%...
Isabelle Chaboud 20 May 2020
E-commerce is the fastest-growing channel for global packaged food sales, recording a 21% growth in 2014-2019, according to Euromonitor International...
The rapid change in the trading environment has left an industry reeling with uncertainty, says Mozambik group CEO Manny Nichas...
A country's payments system is probably not the first thing we think of when we think about the challenge of economic development. But payments are key to the bottom-up economic growth urgently needed...
Murray Gardiner 17 Jan 2020
Market research provider Euromonitor International has released its 'Top 10 Global Consumer Trends 2020' report. The annual report identifies the most impactful trends driving consumer behavior, values and habits in the year ahead...
We need to prepare for a future when everyone uses the internet on their phone, says Linah Maigurira, Google head of retail, sub-Saharan Africa...