Marketing & Media trends
- Yokesh Maharaj has joined multinational confectionery company Mondelez International as president of its Sub-Saharan Africa business unit, effective from 1 April. Lauren Hartzenberg
- LONDON, UK - Young African environmental activists said Saturday, 8 May, it is crucial those most impacted by climate change have a bigger say in decision-making to find solutions, including at upcoming COP26 UN climate talks set for November in Glasgow. Amber Milne
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has revealed that global passenger traffic fell in March 2021 compared to pre-Covid levels (March 2019) but rose compared to the immediate month prior (February 2021).
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
Construction & Engineering trends
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
The pandemic calls for a paradigm shift in how the packaging industry meets consumer's safety concerns while addressing the threat of climate change...
Nthabiseng Motsoeneng 7 Jan 2021
Pan-African network for social investors African Venture Philanthropy Alliance (AVPA) recently launched its inaugural report on the state of social investment financing in Africa...
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
2019 was, by far, the biggest year the meat-alternative industry had ever seen. This is not surprising given the rapid growth of plant-based living and veganism...
Tammy Fry 7 Jan 2020
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Since 2001, Bizcommunity anticipated the role of company culture as intellectual capital. Biz Press Offices are a "glass box" game changer, offering a window into 18 industry communities...
Bizcommunity.com 23 Jul 2019
#BizTrends2019: Single-use plastic, circular economy, ethical supply chains and climate action to drive retail in 2019
More than ever before, in 2018 we saw sustainability playing a major role in shaping trends in the retail sector...
Feroz Koor 25 Jan 2019
More than ever we're seeing brands align with causes and let's face it, there so many current causes to be concerned about. This means cause marketing will be bigger than ever in 2019...
Sheila McGillivray 25 Jan 2019
The focus of innovation in the conscious consumption space is certainly not trend based. The environmental and health issues facing the planet are so pressing...
Robyn Smith 24 Jan 2019
The Oxford Dictionaries chose 'toxic' as its annual "Word of the Year". For 2019, the winning brands will be those that work to restore consumers' trust in a toxic environment...
Rachel Thompson 23 Jan 2019
The social impact space is buzzing. Social entrepreneurship is the next "rock star" career, there's more investment flowing into social ventures...
Andy Hadfield 17 Jan 2019
Despite great efforts from government and NGOs, South Africa still faces a number of societal and environmental challenges...
Michael Baretta 16 Jan 2019