Nominations for the inaugural World Travel Market Africa Travel and Tourism Awards draws to a close on 31 January 2020. Themed Under African Skies, the awards seek to celebrate the outstanding tourism promotional work done by private sector companies and individuals, in eight categories, which are judged by an independent panel of international industry experts.
The categories for the 2020 WTM Africa Travel & Tourism Awards are:
• Most compelling tourism story
• Most compelling technology and innovation story
• Most compelling agency story
• Most compelling digital story
• Most compelling luxury destination story
• Most compelling sustainable tourism story
• Most compelling adventure story
• Most compelling foodie story
The winners will be announced at an event at the Gold Restaurant in Cape Town on 6 April 2020.
"The originators of these stories don’t need to enter the Awards themselves – anyone can nominate a story that captured their imagination and inspired them," says Martin Hiller, general manager: travel, tourism and sports portfolio at Reed Exhibitions South Africa.
Download and/ or view The WTM Africa Travel & Tourism Awards entry form
and guidelines here
Campaigns executed in the period 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2019 are eligible for the 2020 WTM Africa Travel & Tourism Awards.
The 2020 edition of WTM Africa takes place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) from 6-9 April.