Boomtown MD Andrew MacKenzie is named as one of the judges for the Cinemark Young Lions Competition.
Drawing on their years of experience and expert opinion, the eight judges for the Cinemark Young Lions Competition
, are the cream of the industry crop, ensuring that the very best candidates who have earned their spot at Cannes realise their dream.
On being a member of the esteemed judging panel, MacKenzie says: “It is an honour to be asked for the second year in a row to be a judge for this highly regarded, and beneficial competition in the creative industry. We have phenomenal creative talent in South Africa, and to be able to review our rising stars’ work to represent our nation in Cannes is a weighty responsibility.”
The full judging panel consists of:
- Ahmed Tilly Executive Creative Director of Black River FC
- Andrew MacKenzie Managing Director of Boomtown
- Kerry Friend Executive Creative Director Isobar, South Africa
- Mariana O’Kelly Executive Creative Director of Ogilvy & Mather
- Mike Shalit Founding Partner Net&Work BBDO, Chief Creative Officer BBDO SA and Africa and Founder and Chairman, The MAL Foundation
- Tshireletso Yvonne Diogo Marketing Manager and Account Executive for Media Sales at Cinemark
- Wayne Bishop Managing Director of Omnicom Group’s PHD
- Xolisa Dyeshan Executive Creative Director and partner at Joe Public
To enter the Cinemark Young Lions Competition
, creatives have to be under the age of 30. The local leg of the competition will see a two-man team handpicked by the judges as the winners. These two will have an opportunity to travel to the Cannes Lions Festival and represent South Africa in the Young Lions Competition, taking place between 18 and 25 June.