Marketing & Media trends
- The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has seen three major trends emerge as drivers of investment in Africa's commercial property space. Though this sector has certainly taken a big knock, and commercial office space is still slow to recover, we are seeing positive activity in light industrial property, data centres, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, and even in hospitality, throughout Africa. Peter Hodgkinson
- The final five qualifying businesses for the next round of the Ayo Scaling Africa Series have been selected. The series looks to assist tech entrepreneurs in taking their Series A businesses to the next level.
- United States President Joe Biden on 22 and 23 April this year hosted the Leaders Summit on Climate. According to the White House, the summit aimed to "galvanise efforts by the major economies to tackle the climate crisis". Leaders of 40 countries, including five from Africa, participated in the virtual event. Tanguy Gahouma-Bekale
Tourism & Travel trends
Construction & Engineering trends
- Peter Hodgkinson
- Barry Bredenkamp
- Cyril Vuyani Gamede
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
World Travel Market Africa 2020, which takes place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre is set to be one of the African continent's largest and leading business-to-business travel trade show yet...
"Although all generations are now looking for activities and experiences, above all else, what makes this market more complex, is the individual preferences and demands of each generation and of course ultimately, the challenge facing marketers trying to engage with them."
Intra-Africa travel should be a priority for every African. While visas remain a challenge for many travellers and destinations, the good news is that air accessibility is improving - although in many cases those flights are still much too expensive...
Natalie Tenzer Silva 21 Jan 2020
Effective waste management is a universal problem that affects us all. It's the one factor we, in the hospitality industry, can collectively prevent from worsening during 2020...
Sharmila Ragunanan 13 Jan 2020
As tourism continues to rise (2018 saw a global increase of 6% in 2017) consumers are not shy to make their preferences known on how they want to travel and, afterwards, what they thought of the experience...
Jared Ruttenberg 8 Jan 2020
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Raylene de Wet, director of event sales at Hyatt Regency Johannesburg, unveils six trends that will likely disrupt and elevate South Africa's events industry in the coming year...
Since 2001, Bizcommunity anticipated the role of company culture as intellectual capital. Biz Press Offices are a "glass box" game changer, offering a window into 18 industry communities...
Bizcommunity.com 23 Jul 2019
Despite the prevailing tough economic environment, the tourism industry in South Africa continues to provide a glimmer of hope, as one of the sectors that will continue to boost growth and job creation this year...
Visitor attractions form the backbone of tourism, but to ensure continued growth in visitor numbers tourism destinations will need to stay on the forefront of global visitor attraction trends and technologies...
In a country where over six million people are unemployed, it is no wonder that job creation has been the hot topic...
Andrew Stark 22 Jan 2019