“The seven finalists were exceptionally strong entries, each clearly demonstrating unique and innovative use of media. They were all of a standard deemed worthy of Roger Garlick ‘finalist’ status,” says AMASA Chairman Rob Smuts.
The finalists for the 2007 Roger Garlick Award are:
- Reckitt Benckiser for its Dettol campaign in the category Best Use of Out of Home
- Nota Bene for the Pepsi SA campaign entered into the Best Use of Out of Home and Special Events/Stunts categories.
- King James for the Kulula.com Credit Card campaign entered into the Best Use of Television category.
- The MediaShop in collaboration with Yardstick for the Cybernetics ‘Power Alert’ campaign entered into both the Best Use of Television and Special Events/Stunts categories.
- Cinevation for the XBox campaign entered into the Best Use of Cinema category.
- TBWA Hunt Lascaris for its SAFACT Tsotsi campaign entered into the Special Events/Stunts category.
- TBWA Fusion for its Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Sinutab campaign entered in the Best Use of Multiple/Mixed Media category.
Sponsored by Oracle Airtime Sales, the AMASA Gold winner/s and the overall Roger Garlick Award winner will be announced at AdFocus on 21 May 2007.
“We had great support from the industry this year in terms of the number of entries received,” says Brad Aigner, Deputy Chairman and Head of the Roger Garlick Portfolio for AMASA. “We congratulate those companies nominated as finalists and wish them best of luck for the final announcements at AdFocus.”
The judging panel for the 2007 Roger Garlick Award was: Brian McMillan, Oracle (Chairman); Lucinda Dare, FCB; Wicus Swanepoel, NotaBene; Ken Varejes, Primedia Unlimited; David Selikow, Herdbouys McCann-Erickson; Andrew Maluleka, SABC; Marisa Torrani, Cinevation and Brian Olson, General Motors.