10 things to do at City Lodge Hotels this Mother's Day
We've rounded up ten of the best things to do with your mother or mothers-in-law, grannies, aunties, mentors, "fur moms" - at any City Lodge Hotel Group property. We look forward to hosting you in our safe Covid-19 sanitised and socially distanced yet warm and welcoming hotels!
1) Book a stay for you and your mother or the moms you want to celebrate at any of our hotels in South Africa at a special rate during Mother’s May and let us spoil you both. The accommodation package is available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for the period of 1 May 2021 to 31 May 2021, inclusive:
2) Treat your maternal role models for High Tea and a range of delicious sweet and savoury snacks plus a complimentary glass of Van Loveren Daydream Pinot Noir at one of nine participating hotels for only R150 per person, from 11h30 onwards on Mother’s Day itself – Sunday, 9 May 2021:
- Courtyard Hotel Waterfall City, Midrand
- Courtyard Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg
- Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
- City Lodge Hotel Airport, Barbara Road
- City Lodge Hotel Fourways, Johannesburg
- City Lodge Hotel V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- City Lodge Hotel GrandWest, Cape Town
- City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal
- City Lodge Hotel Bloemfontein, Free State
Also, those booking the High Tea will be entered into a lucky draw to win a scrumptious Chateau Gateaux Cherry Dome Choc Chip Cake. The draw will take place on Monday, 10 May 2021.
3) Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet with your early rising, up with the lark mothers, served from Monday to Friday from 6-9am and Saturday and Sunday from 7-10am and start your day on a high note.
4) Visit one of our Courtyard Hotels or City Lodge Hotels for a tasty lunch for the family and sit out at the pool deck, let the kids go for a swim and let us cook for and wait on you for a change.
5) Take a seat in our sundowner lounges and bars, especially the new and stunning The Highline at Courtyard Hotel Waterfall City on the ninth floor, and watch the sunset while enjoying our new and improved bar snacks menu.
6) End off your Mother’s Day or any day in May with a relaxed dinner at one of our hotel restaurants, away from the crowds and surrounded by elegant décor.
7) If you’re in Gauteng, why not book a private function among the soothing greens of the Art Deco styled Club Lounge in our new flagship Courtyard Hotel Waterfall City and be transported to another era when life seemed easier. Executive chef Keegan Maistry is ready to prepare a bespoke menu for your party.
8) Save your sanity and your pennies and book your visiting family members into the nearest Road Lodge for a comfortable and convenient stay that frees up your couches and keeps relations sweet.
9) Recognise the professional women in your life this May with a gift that empowers – buy her a #YourPrivateOffice voucher to work in peace and quiet in one of our hotels from only R495, from 8am to 3pm with complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, WiFi, secure parking and air conditioning.
10) Surprise your mom with a weekend away voucher in her goodie bag this Mother’s Day, taking advantage of our WKND Special rates, valid on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, for walk-in, telephone, email and website bookings via www.clhg.com, from R749 per room, single or double occupancy.
“While we welcome and celebrate mothers all year round, we’ve come up with a list of ten reasons to rely on us to give your precious mother in your life something a bit different. Aimed at all budgets and timeframes, there is something special waiting for you at City Lodge Hotel Group,” says Lindiwe Sangweni-Siddo, chief operating officer.
She adds, “I am reminded of one of my favourite poets, Khalil Gibran, who writes: ‘The most beautiful word on the lips of mankind is the word “Mother”. And the most beautiful call is the call of “My Mother”. It is a word full of hope and love, a sweet and kind word coming from the depths of the heart. The mother is everything – she is our consolation in sorrow, our hope in misery, and our strength in weakness. She is the source of love, mercy, sympathy, and forgiveness.’”