- Improving educational standards
- Enhancing teaching methods
- Developing optimal school conditions
TFG is proud to announce that the above objectives have successfully been met:
A. Shipena high school results<!>
- Grade 10 learners’ academic results improved its ranking on a regional level where the school moved up 13 positions to 12th position
- Grade 12 learners’ academic results improved its ranking on a regional level where the school moved up 11 positions to 10th position
- Doubled school pass rate from 22.8% to 46.1%
Otjomuise Primary School
- Improved literacy rate within grade 0-3
- Access to computers for 130 children from Grade 4-7
- The school now has a working landline, internet access as well as enough printing facilities
As a result of these excellent achievements, TFG has decided to donate an additional N$500,000 towards this project which will be used to maintain and enhance the current educational standards within both schools.
“We are exceptionally happy and overwhelmed by the success of this project within such a short period. We believe that the success can be attributed to the hard work that SOS Children’s Villages has done to ensure that this project is effective. We are especially proud of the teachers and learners, well done to all involved!” – Mymoena Mooradd, TFG CSI Manager.
About TFG: TFG consists of 20 diverse retail brands; @home, @homelivingspace, American Swiss, Charles & Keith, Colette, Donna, Duesouth, Exact, Fabiani, The FIX, Foschini, G-star Raw, hi, Markham, Mat & May, Phase Eight, SODA Bloc, sportscene, Sterns and Totalsports.